Question by someone: What are some simple yet effective remedies for severe acne and pimples?
I am really sick of being bullied about my acne and large pimples. I need a home remedy that works 100% of the time and doesn’t require any medicine or sketchy herbal fixes.
Answer by ranunculusviridis
Fri, 12/16/2011 – 20:57 — Anonymous
1. Mask from turmeric (turmeric powder and a bit of water to get a paste). I put it on my face for about 10 min or until dry. It mildly stings my face. I like when it happens, especially when it comes to acne and oily skin like mine. The next day all my existing pimples are visibly dried up and the following day, they are almost gone. One of the cons, however, of this mask is that it stains your skin yellow and it’s really hard to get rid of it. So, warn your family about what you’re doing. Otherwise, they’ll think you have jaudice
NOTE: I almost completely got rid of the yellow color by washing my face with baking soda after I washed off the mask.
2. Mask with honey and cinnamon – antibacterial (mix equal amounts of organic honey and cinnamon powder; you can add a bit of water to make it more spreadable). I put it on my face twice a week for about 10 min or until dry. It stings much more than turmeric. I don’t know why but surprisingly it doesn’t make my face red or irritated after I wash it off BUT it stings significantly when you’re applying it. It’s an antibacterial mask and it’s a bit drying. However, it also minimizes the appearance of pores that my skin has around and on the nose and the forehead. The next day my skin looks much clearer and brighter. NOTE: this mask has a great shelf life. You don’t need to keep in the fridge in case you make more than needed for one application.
3. Mask with honey and lemon – antibacterial and pore-minimizing. I make it 2-3 a week. It stings a bit from lemon but it works great minimizing and clearing out my pores. They are really deeply clogged. I hate it!!!
4. Tomato mask (smash a fresh tomato and apply it on you face for about 10-15 min.) I am not sure how it works but the skin feels great after that. Tomatoes contain potassium and some kind of beneficial acids.
NOTE: Some of these ingridients have anti-bacterial properties and some of them have certain acids. I guess those things are really good for oily acne-prone skin. If I stop doing all these things acne will “start making parties” on my face. But these masks help me keep it under control. I went to a dermatologist and he prescribed Differin for me. It cleared out my face pretty good but it’s a pretty strong medicine. My derm told me to use indefinitely, which I was shocked to hear taking into consideration the side effects of it. So, despite his recommendations I stopped using it on a regular basis. However, I still use it once a week or so. It makes my skin peel and my skin never peels on its own.
Average: 5 (2 votes)
Give your answer to this question below!
Click Here To Check Out This Red Spots On Skin Solution
- Q&A: Do you Know any effective natural acne remedies?
- Best Acne Treatment Tips For A Fast Most Effective Home Remedy For Severe Acne
- What are some remedies for severe back acne due to pregnancy?
- What are some home remedies for acne/pimples?
- Are there any effective home remedies for acne scars?