Question by bettennis2: How long does acne last without using medicine?
I’ve always wondered what happens if when you get acne you didn’t use any special medicine and just kept washing your face only 1-2 times a day. Would the acne eventually go away or would it just sit there forever?
Answer by Andrew G
During puberty the skin matures, our hormones change, and the gland responsible for producing oil around our hair and pours goes into overdrive. The excess oil gets trapped and becomes infected leading to a pimple.
Acne usually subsides when you enter your twenties.
Everyone is different. For you washing your face more frequently may be enough to stop acne.
If washing your face more frequently does not solve your problem, see a dermatologist.
What do you think? Answer below!
- What medicine besides proactive can remove acne?
- Can I use acne scar medicine along with my regular acne treatment?
- Acne and traditional Chinese medicine
- How long does a skin rash last?
- How long does it take for acne treatment to clear out the pimples under the skin?